Heat pumps come with numerous benefits, including:
- Better energy efficiency: because heat pumps move heat instead of producing it, they use less energy than other kinds of heating and cooling systems.
- Cost savings: since heat pumps use less energy to achieve the desired temperature in your home, they also save you money on your heating and cooling bills.
- Versatility: enjoy comfort in any season.
- Sustainability: modern heat pumps also produce fewer emissions than older furnaces and air conditioners, making them a more eco-friendly option.
Factors that can determine the costs of your heat pump include:
- The make and model
- Your home’s size and insulation
- Where the heat pump needs to be installed and how accessible it is
- Your ductwork’s condition
We’ll provide you with a quote for the installation before starting work so you know what to expect. We’ve done this for a long time, so we’re pretty great at estimating the costs!
Heat pumps can be installed in older homes, but the installation may take a little longer—since many old buildings aren’t designed for modern heating and cooling equipment. We’ll let you know if your ductwork or electrical systems need to be upgraded to accommodate your new heat pump when we give you a quote for the installation.
Installing a heat pump usually takes less than one full business day, but the process can be complicated if your installation location isn’t easily accessible or if your home has other factors that slow us down. Don’t worry though—we’ll let you know how long you can expect the job to take before we start work.
Yes! We offer a 1 year labor warranty on all new heat pump installations and a 10 year warranty on all parts.
The high-quality air-source heat pumps we install use refrigerant to transfer heat from the air inside your home to the outdoors when you need to cool down (just like an air conditioner). However, they can also reverse this process to move heat indoors during cold weather. This means that your heat pump pulls double duty as a piece of heating and cooling equipment.