DON'T DESPAIR - WE OFFER AC REPAIR SERVICES Throughout Chagrin Falls, Solon, Aurora, Chesterland, Chardon, Twinsburg, Macedonia & Mayfield Heights, OH
When the temperature outside begins to soar, you need to have an effectively running air conditioning unit. You can try using one of those cheap box or oscillating fans to keep yourself comfortable, but all they really do is redistribute stale, warm air. The professionals at Auburn Heating, Plumbing and Air Conditioning can provide you with the effective AC repair to help lower your home’s temperature and keep the place comfortable on even the hottest days of the year. Our HVAC contractors are proud to serve throughout the Chagrin Falls, Solon, Chardon, Chesterland, Aurora, Twinsburg, Macedonia & Mayfield Heights, OH areas. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
WARNING SIGNS THAT YOU MAY NEED AC REPAIR
When summer heat strikes in the Solon, Chesterland, Chagrin Falls, or Aurora, OH areas, the best way to fight back is to turn on your air conditioner. Air conditioning keeps you cool over the summer, and with regular maintenance, your air conditioner should perform efficiently even during the hottest months. It might be a good idea to give your air conditioning unit a once over before you start running it on full blast on the first hot day of the year, but routine maintenance might not always be the case where ninety-degree heat and high humidity is involved. If you do turn on your AC and there are some problems with it, here are some easy-to-spot signs that your AC might not be performing at its best.
- No cool air - At some point, you may find that your air conditioning system simply isn’t doing its job. Even at full blast, the air coming from your vents just isn’t as cold as it used to be – or isn’t cold at all. This could be a sign that your system is need of serious repair. For instance, lack of cool air could mean that your system’s compressor has failed. It could also mean that your system’s Freon levels are too low. When that time comes, you might have to replace the unit.
- Poor air flow - If you are noticing weak or little air flow through your AC vents, the unit’s compressor may be failing. In cases where certain areas or rooms in your home are getting cool air while others are not, the trouble might be with your ductwork and is a sign that your AC system needs urgent repair.
- Thermostat problems - At times the trouble is not with the air conditioning unit but with the thermostat itself. One way to tell if your thermostat is a problem is if one part of your house is very cold while another part remains at the same temperature.
- Moisture where there shouldn’t be - Moisture or leakage around or near your system can be an indication of problems. When you see leaks from your air conditioning system, it can be because of two main reasons: in the most serious cases, the leak could be refrigerant. Refrigerant leaks can cause serious health risks to you and your family and need to be repaired at once. You must call an air conditioning repair expert right away. Another issue may be from water pools adjacent to your air conditioner that might show that the drain tube which disposes of the air conditioner condensation is either blocked or broken. This is not as serious of an issue but should be tackled quickly to avoid less important problems like mold growth.
- Strange sounds - Squealing, grating, grinding sounds from your air conditioner might be a sign that you need a replacement unit. These noises imply that something is wrong inside the unit. Failure to service the unit could result in a pricey breakdown.
- Strange Odors - Pungent or foul smells from your air conditioning vents normally means that your conditioner’s wire insulation has burned out. Musty smells generally indicate that there is mold inside your unit or ductwork which must be taken care of without delay.